Sunday, February 15, 2015

Who I am...


I often listen to audio books while on patrol.  I'm pretty much limited to what we have at the public library so I typically just grab something off the shelf to try out.  Just finished The Dakota Cypher by William Dietrich.  

It was a decent adventure, but I don't recommend it as it has way too much sex.  But, a description of of the main character was like looking into my own soul...

"I'm a frustrated treasure hunter [entrepreneur], gambler, sharpshooter, and adventurer..... I'm a man cursed with the compulsion to toss the dice, to bet it all on the main chance, to listen to dreamers.... I believe in luck and opportunity.  It's not that I'm lazy, just easily bored.  I like novelty.  I'm curious to see what's over the next hill."

That's the most dead-on, accurate description of who I am that I've ever heard.... kinda scary actually. Guess that's why I like this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment