Sunday, November 16, 2014

Finding Joy


This video always makes me feel good.  We hear that we should "find joy in the journey" and I think it's one of the most important things we can do in life.  God is joy, love and peace, but we don't always feel it.  Life is a struggle and we must choose what we are going to feel... what we are going to believe.  Are we going to choose doubt, fear and despair or are we going to choose joy, love and peace?

Non-believers will say that faith is a crutch.  They say they only believe in what they can see... what is real.  So many of the one's I know then turn to alcohol or drugs to escape the reality of their lives.  Talk about a crutch.  It's actually kinda funny to me (I'm not a very compassionate person, but I'm working on it) that they mock us for needing a "crutch like religion" to get through life and then they take a shot of liquor to help them feel better.  I've never known anyone that receives joy, love and peace from alcohol or drugs.  In fact, they receive just the opposite.

But I'll go ahead and admit it.... YES, I need a crutch.  I am a broken person living in a broken world and I need help.  That help is available to me, and to all of us, through Jesus Christ and I am not ashamed to accept Him into my life and follow Him.  He is the source of joy, love, and peace in my life - and He can give that to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment