Sunday, November 9, 2014

Going In-Active....

Been a while since my last post.  My schedule changed from nights to days and I guess I haven't had much to write about - at least nothing came to mind.  The dynamic of day shift is different than nights.

My days off also changed and now I work every Sunday.  I haven't been to church in about 6 weeks now.  I have been fortunate to be able to stop in and take the sacrament each week.  I stand in the foyer, with the parents who's children are misbehaving, and wait for the Deacons to bring out the sacrament.  The parents point to me and tell their children they better be good or I'll take them to jail.  I hate it when people do that.  It scares the kids to death and they look at me like I'm some kind of monster.  But.... standing in the church, waiting for the sacrament I refrain from telling the parents they're being dumb #$%#@ and then have to repent for even thinking it.... I sure need Jesus and His Atonement... I can't even stop sinning while trying to be good!

Last night before going to bed I was contemplating one more Sabbath day spent in my patrol car and I wondered, "Does anyone even notice that I haven't been to church in over a month?"  I don't know.  When people stop going to church, for what ever reason, I think at some point they wonder the same thing.  "Did anyone notice that I don't come to church anymore"  and even more importantly, "Does anyone care?"  I think that's the most important question.

Do we really care when someone stops coming to church - do we even notice?  I've never been an overly social person.  I don't feel like I need a lot of group support - but some people really need it.  At some level, I think we all do.  I think we all want to be part of something.  We don't want to be invisible, forgotten or overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment