Tuesday, August 19, 2014

To The Warrior Queens

To my Warrior Queen:

She sleeps alone so you can sleep safely.
She solves many problems by herself so I can help you with yours.
She watches me walk out the door not knowing if I'm coming back.
She is never given a medal.
She doesn't wear a uniform or a badge.
She is never honored by the public she serves.
She worries because she knows that I run toward danger rather than away from it.
She has by back while I'm watching yours.
She is cut from the same cloth I am.
She is forged from the same elements that I am.
She is tougher, stronger and more dedicated than I am.
She is my Warrior Queen.

For over 20 years you have served me, our family, our community and our nation. Thank you for your service.

Note: Law Enforcement and military spouses sacrifice and serve every bit as much, if not more, than we do.  Their sacrifice allows us to do what we do.  If it wasn't for them, our nation and our communities would be in trouble.  Serving in the military and law enforcement, I've had so many people come shake my hand and thank me for my service.  But I've never seen anyone shake my wife's hand and thank her for her service.  She has moved around this world and from State to State serving right beside me. 

Christ said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."  She has laid down her life, so many of her hopes and dreams,  and much of the nice things life has to offer.  Most people will pass her by and never recognize her sacrifices for them, but I know that the God of Heaven looks down and sees all that she does... and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment