Monday, September 15, 2014

People Don't Like Us Much, But Think About This...



People don't like cops very much.  We give you tickets, break up your parties when they get too loud and generally seem to make people mad..,.. but we are a consequence to your actions.  I recently had a couple of experiences that made me reflect on this.  I arrested a lady for DUI and she got angry at me and wondered why I was bothering and hassling her.  I also dealt with some jackasses at their drunken party.  They were pissed that we came on their property to hassle them.  But guess what, we are simply a consequence of their behavior.  I didn't want to deal with that lady and I sure didn't want to deal with those idiots at their party.  I'd rather be seating on my couch, watching a movie and drinking a cold Mountain Dew, but someone has to deal with stupid peoples' actions....

A couple of times a week, I get an email relating the line of duty death of a law enforcement officer somewhere in America.  And here's what I want you to think about... is there any other profession (outside the military - and I've been there too) that routinely gives their lives as part of their jobs?

So next time you're facing the consequence of your behavior, cut us a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment