Friday, September 26, 2014

Stress Reveals Character - Or Lack Thereof

Dear lady I just dealt with...

Hey, guess what, it's my night off, but I got called into work.  I should be home spending a rare, quiet evening with my wife and kids, but I'm out dealing with you and your kid.

Your kid was being stupid and crashed his motorcycle.  It's our job to respond to those kinds of things.  We drove 100 miles per hour to get there quickly... and then you treat us like crap.  Hey, I get it, your kid is hurt, but he's not dead nor anywhere near it, so get a grip and stop acting like an ass.

Oh, you don't like cops.  Great, we don't like people like you... and oh, by the way, I'd like to see how long you'd survive in this world without us.

There are a lot of things I like about this job.  One of them is that I get to see people as they truly are.  Not the mask they wear to church on Sunday or the pleasant facade they show people at the soccer game and around the community.  I get to see what you're really like.  I like that part of this job, cause I don't like two faced people.  I like seeing what people really are so I know where you stand and where I can categorize you.

I'd like to create a 'Do Not Respond List'.  It's kinda like a Do Not Call list, but in reverse.  We'd put all the people that don't like cops on it.  We'd put all the people that treat us like crap on it... and then the next time your kid is laying in the dirt bleeding, and you call 911... nobody will show up cause you're at the top of our 'Do Not Respond List' and you can deal with the problem all by yourself.

But... at least now I know what kind of person you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment