Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Shattered Hearts


The human heart is the only thing I know of that can be completely shattered, but still continue to work.  Tonight I crossed paths with a young woman who's life experience is beyond anything I can really comprehend.  When I think about what she has been through, it weighs heavily upon my heart.

I ended up taking her to jail.  I hope it was the right thing to do.  From her long list of involvements with law enforcement - many of them as the victim of bad men - I felt so sorry for her.  I hope that getting her back into the justice system will help her find a new path in life.  I don't know that it will.  
Mortal life will never work out for some people, but I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all of their sorrows, pains, and suffering will be removed from them.  Most likely in the next life, but He will heal them of all their sorrows and all that has been inflicted upon them.  I know that He knows her and one day He will make everything right for her.  

As the sun comes up on a new day and I go home and get some sleep, before falling into bed, I will kneel and pray for her.  I hope she can find a new start in life and find some joy and peace.  Maybe our paths crossed for a reason.  

No comments:

Post a Comment