Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Why I Do This...


It's 1:14am.  I just cleared off an overdose that appears to have been an attempted suicide.  An adult female had taken a bunch of pills.  Her mother came home to find her unconscious and barely breathing.  She called 911.

Some where out in the darkness, a mother was alone, scared, and possibly watching her daughter breath her last breaths.  She called for help...

I don't believe I can make much of a difference.  I don't think I can save the world.  But when you call for help, I will come.  I will be there with you, and for you, on the worst days of your life.  When God placed us down here, He knew we would face overwhelming storms.  

I was born for the storm.  I'm at my best in crisis, conflict, and chaos.  You can lean on me... and that's why I do this.  So now I sit in the darkness... waiting for the next call.

No comments:

Post a Comment